The 61st Annual Grammy Awards ceremony is this Sunday and the music industry can’t wait for an opportunity to celebrate itself and its achievements. Although the night is going to be action-packed with contemporary performances by Cardi B, Ricky Martin, Lady Gaga & Mark Ronson, and St. Vincent, musical legends such as Diana Ross and Dolly Parton are taking the stage, who will undoubtedly be singing their beautiful hearts out.
Many would argue the night is only about who wins awards and certain people tend to take it very seriously – and what’s more serious than putting money where your mouth is? Loads of people want to bet on the 2019 Grammy Awards and who will receive honors, making the night much more interesting for casual viewers. However, there are only two trusted U.S. online sportsbooks with odds on celebrities taking action this week so here’s a breakdown of where to find the best for each category.
There’s a reason these two operators are constantly mentioned on this website and many readers will already assume we’re talking about Bovada and MyBookie, both posting lines a few weeks ago. However, they’re only offering four categories but of course they’re the most important ones everyone’s interested in.
Starting off with Best New Artist, both David Strauss at fan favorite MyBookie and Pat Morrow at Bovada are in complete agreement on the order of favorites, although there’s definitely some differences in payouts. Here’s what’s currently listed with higher odds on the left to easily identify plumper payouts.
- H.E.R. (+100 MyBookie / -110 Bovada)
- Dua Lipa Troye Sivan (+180 Bovada / +160 MyBookie)
- Greta Van Fleet (+600 MyBookie / +550 Bovada)
- Bebe Rexha (+1000 Bovada / +900 MyBookie)
- Luke Combs (+2000 Bovada / +1600 MyBookie)
- Chloe x Halle (+2200 Bovada/ +2000 MyBookie)
- Jorja Smith (+2200 Bovada/ +2000 MyBookie)
- Margo Price (+2200 Bovada/ +2000 MyBookie)
The obvious value bet is Margo Price at +2200 since she’s both very talented, female, and plays non-mainstream music – it just feels like a year where they’d want to honor someone like that. The other thing to note is Bovada has some very generous numbers for this category to entice casual players in.
Morrow & Strauss continue their attempt to be the iGaming equivalent of Lennon & McCartney with picks for Record of the Year as they’re perfectly in sync again. Perhaps one or both of them have been “inspired” by the other.
- This is America – Childish Gambino (-150 Bovada / -160 MyBookie)
- Shallow – Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper (+160 Bovada / +120 MyBookie)
- All the Stars – Kendrick Lamar & SZA (+900 Bovada / +900 MyBookie)
- I Like It – Cardi B (+1500 Bovada / +1100 MyBookie)
- God’s Plan – Drake (+1800 Bovada / +1100)
- The Middle – Zedd & Maren Morris (+2200 Bovada / +1400 MyBookie)
- Rockstar – Post Malone & 21 Savage (+3300 Bovada / +2500 MyBookie)
- The Joker – Brandi Carlile (+3300 Bovada / +2500 MyBookie)
No matter who’s desired for Record of the Year, it’s clear Morrow’s book is tops since they’re offering superior value on every selection. It’s a clean sweep and not even a contest.
Morrow & Strauss finally break up and perform solo for the next two categories, with a few slight differences in order of favorites. Here are Album of the Year picks ranked in order, with better odds for each on the left again.
- Golden Hour – Kacey Musgraves (MyBookie +170 / +120 Bovada)
- Black Panther: The Album – Various Artists (+250 Bovada / +170 MyBookie)
- Scorpion – Drake (+500 MyBookie / +350 Bovada)
- Dirty Computer – Janelle Monae (+600 Bovada / +350 MyBookie)
- Invasion of Privacy – Cardi B (+1500 Bovada / +900 MyBookie)
- Beerbongs & Bentleys – Post Malone (+2000 MyBookie / +1800 Bovada)
- By the Way, I Forgive You – Brandi Carlile (+2000 Bovada/ +1100 MyBookie)
- H.E.R. – H.E.R. (+2500 Bovada / +2000 MyBookie)
Bovada continues to provide better value, except those backing Drake or Post Malone to win, in which case bet at MyBookie for a bigger payday. It’s simple: when getting down on NFL it’s important to line shop for high numbers and when wagering on entertainment props it’s necessary to do the same.
Finally, for Song of the Year and Morrow & Strauss are almost completely in step again, with only one small disagreement. Although, unsurprisingly Morrow continues to dangle meatier lines to the public.
- Shallow – Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper (-250 MyBookie / -300 Bovada)
- This is America – Childish Gambino (+275 Bovada / +270 MyBookie)
- All the Stars – Kendrick Lamar & SZA (+900 Bovada / +800 MyBookie)
- God’s Plan – Drake (+1600 Bovada / +1600 MyBookie)
- The Joke Brandi Carlile (+1600 Bovada / +1200 MyBookie)
- In My Blood – Shawn Mendes (+2200 Bovada / +2000 MyBookie)
- Boo’d Up – Ella Mai (+3300 Bovada / +2500 MyBookie)
- The Middle – Zedd & Maren Morris (+3300 Bovada / +2500 MyBookie)
So anyone looking to back trophy-takers at this year’s ceremony and enjoy a little more excitement should head on over and peruse entertainment props at Bovada to see what’s cooking. Perhaps some beautiful music can be made together – the good news is regardless of outcomes it’ll still sound better than Post Malone.
To get in the mood for Sunday, check out this interesting video from the 1988 Grammy Awards and marvel at how much has changed in the music industry…and fashion.
The 61st Annual Grammy Awards will be held on February 10th, 2019 at Staples Center in Los Angeles and broadcast on CBS, with coverage starting at 8pm EST.
***All odds correct as of February 6, 2019***