The 61st Annual Grammy Awards ceremony is this Sunday and the music industry can’t wait for the opportunity to celebrate itself and its many achievements. Although the night is going to be action-packed with contemporary performances by Cardi B, Ricky Martin, Lady Gaga and Mark Ronson, and St. Vincent, there will also be musical legends like Diana Ross and Dolly Parton taking the stage who will undoubtedly be singing their beautiful hearts out.
Many would argue that the night is only about who wins the actual awards, and certain people tend to take the event very seriously – and what’s more serious than putting your money where your mouth is? Yes, that’s right, you are 100% able to bet on the 2019 Grammy Awards and who will receive the honors, making the night much more interesting for casual viewers. However, there are only two U.S. online sportsbooks who will take your action this week so let’s break down where you will find the best odds for each category.
There’s a reason these two operators are constantly mentioned on this website and many of you will already assume that we’re talking about Bovada and MyBookie, who both have lines up for the Grammys. However, they’re only offering four categories for wagering, but they are of course the most important ones of the night that everyone’s interested in.
Let’s start off with the Best New Artist category since both David Strauss at MyBookie and Pat Morrow at Bovada are in complete agreement on the order of who should be favored to win, although there’s definitely some differences in the payouts. Here’s the list with the better odds on the left so you can easily see who’s more generous with their lines on this one.
- H.E.R. (+100 MyBookie / -110 Bovada)
- Dua Lipa Troye Sivan (+180 Bovada / +160 MyBookie)
- Greta Van Fleet (+600 MyBookie / +550 Bovada)
- Bebe Rexha (+1000 Bovada / +900 MyBookie)
- Luke Combs (+2000 Bovada / +1600 MyBookie)
- Chloe x Halle (+2200 Bovada/ +2000 MyBookie)
- Jorja Smith (+2200 Bovada/ +2000 MyBookie)
- Margo Price (+2200 Bovada/ +2000 MyBookie)
The obvious value bet in that grouping is Margo Price at +2200 since she’s both very talented, female, and plays non-mainstream music – it just feels like a year where they’d want to honor someone like that. The other thing to note about that list is that Bovada has some very generous odds for this category.
Morrow & Strauss continue their attempt to be the online gambling equivalent of Lennon & McCartney with their picks for Record of the Year as they’re perfectly in sync again. Perhaps these two should get together for a props duet?
- “This is America” – Childish Gambino (-150 Bovada / -160 MyBookie)
- “Shallow” – Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper (+160 Bovada / +120 MyBookie)
- “All the Stars” – Kendrick Lamar & SZA (+900 Bovada / +900 MyBookie)
- “I Like It” – Cardi B (+1500 Bovada / +1100 MyBookie)
- “God’s Plan” – Drake (+1800 Bovada / +1100)
- “The Middle” – Zedd & Maren Morris (+2200 Bovada / +1400 MyBookie)
- “Rockstar” – Post Malone & 21 Savage (+3300 Bovada / +2500 MyBookie)
- “The Joke” – Brandi Carlile (+3300 Bovada / +2500 MyBookie)
Well, no matter who you want to get action on for Record of the Year it’s obvious that you should bet at Bovada since they’re offering superior value on every selection. It’s a clean sweep and not even a contest.
Morrow & Strauss finally break up and start making their own music in the next two categories, with a few slight differences in their order of favorites. Here’s how Pat Morrow has Album of the Year ranked, with the better odds for each on the left again.
- Golden Hour – Kacey Musgraves (MyBookie +170 / +120 Bovada)
- Black Panther: The Album – Various Artists (+250 Bovada / +170 MyBookie)
- Scorpion – Drake (+500 MyBookie / +350 Bovada)
- Dirty Computer – Janelle Monae (+600 Bovada / +350 MyBookie)
- Invasion of Privacy – Cardi B (+1500 Bovada / +900 MyBookie)
- Beerbongs & Bentleys – Post Malone (+2000 MyBookie / +1800 Bovada)
- By the Way, I Forgive You – Brandi Carlile (+2000 Bovada/ +1100 MyBookie)
- H.E.R. – H.E.R. (+2500 Bovada / +2000 MyBookie)
Yet again we see a lot more value at Bovada, except if you like Drake or Post Malone to win the award, in which case you’ll want to bet at MyBookie and get the bigger payout they’re offering. It’s simple: when you’re betting on the NFL it’s important to line shop to find half points, but when you’re wagering on entertainment props you’re simply looking for higher payouts on the wagers you want to make.
Finally we have the category of Song of the Year and Morrow & Strauss are almost completely in step again with this one, and there’s only one small disagreement in the list of nominees. Although unsurprisingly Morrow continues to post better numbers for the public.
- “Shallow” – Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper (-250 MyBookie / -300 Bovada)
- “This is America” – Childish Gambino (+275 Bovada / +270 MyBookie)
- “All the Stars” – Kendrick Lamar & SZA (+900 Bovada / +800 MyBookie)
- “God’s Plan” – Drake (+1600 Bovada / +1600 MyBookie)
- “The Joke” Brandi Carlile (+1600 Bovada / +1200 MyBookie)
- “In My Blood” – Shawn Mendes (+2200 Bovada / +2000 MyBookie)
- “Boo’d Up” – Ella Mai (+3300 Bovada / +2500 MyBookie)
- “The Middle” – Zedd & Maren Morris (+3300 Bovada / +2500 MyBookie)
So if you’re looking to get some money down on who will win and make this year’s Grammy Awards a little more exciting, head on over and check out the entertainment props at Bovada and see what they’ve got cooking. You just might be able to make beautiful music together – the good news is that no matter what the outcomes are, you’ll still sound better than Post Malone.
To get yourself in the mood for Sunday, check out this awesome video of the 1988 Grammy Awards and marvel at how much has changed in the music industry…and fashion.
The 61st Annual Grammy Awards will be held on February 10th, 2019 from the Staples Center in Los Angeles and broadcast on CBS with coverage starting at 8pm EST.
***All odds correct as of February 6, 2019***